Skype password can be quite difficult for some, mainly when a user has not used Skype id for a long time. If you have also forgotten the password or the username of your Skype account or if your account has been hacked, you can follow the steps provided below.
How to Recover Forgotten Skype Password
1. Go to the Skype login page and enter your Skype Username, Phone Number or Email id in the provided field. Then click on the next button.
2. On the next page where you will be asked to type your password, click on the “Forgot password” option. You will be directed to next screen where you will be asked to select the appropriate reasons from the three options (given below).
• Forgot my password
• I know my password, but can’t sign in
• I think someone else is using my Skype account
3. If you have forgotten your password, select the first option – “I forgot my password” and click on the “Next” button.
4. Click the next page, you will be prompted to enter the Captcha shown in the image and click on the Next button.
5. Then, you will be directed to the next screen where you will need to verify your identity by selecting any one of the options for receiving security code on your email or mobile. The options will be like these:
• Email a**tm@**mail.com
• Text ********07
• I don’t have any of these
6. To receive Security Code on your email address, select the first option. To receive the security code on your phone, select the second option. Then, click on the Send code button.
7. When you get the security code to your email address or phone number, enter it on the screen and click on the Next button. You will be taken to the “Reset your password” page.
8. Type your new password in the prompted fields and click on the Next page. You will get a message on the next screen saying – “Your account has been recovered”. Simply click on the “Next” button and you will be taken to the Skype sign-in page. Enter your username and password in the provided field to access your account.
Skype Customer Support Number +1-855-762-3888
How to Recover Forgotten Skype Username:
When you have forgotten your Skype username, you can sign into your account using your email address or phone number with which you created your Skype id. If you don’t have remember your email address or phone number, you can try the following steps.
Ask your Friend:
If you registered a Hotmail, livemail, msn or Outlook account using your Microsoft account, you might have sent email to one of your friends. Ask them to let you know the email address you used.
Use a device with which you are already signed into:
If you are using an Xbox, you can follow the instructions in the guide “Find your Microsoft account email address” to know your email address.
Search for Emails from Microsoft account:
Check your email address which you frequently use for emails from Microsoft to know the email address you use to access your Skype id.
If you need more help regarding above or any other Skype-related issues, feel free to reach out our Skype customer support number.